Total Pageviews

Monday, August 20, 2012

Coming Home to China!

Hey everyone, it has been awhile.  I hope everyone is having a good transition from the scorching summer heat to the chaos of the new school year!  I have recently made the journey back to China!  I am very excited to be here!  If you don't know already, we are all about to move to a different city.  In about three weeks we will be moving to Xining!  Xining is a city northwest of Xi'an, about 12 hours by train.  It feels weird starting something new, Xining, but at the same time entering into something that is the past, Xi'an, in some ways.  The past has been amazing, and the future looks very exciting!

Sydney, Aubrey, and I
Well I guess I will give you an overview of my eventful travels home, could you hear the sarcasm in my voice.  So I will tell the truth, I wrote this post yesterday, but it was a lot different.  I wrote about how I hate the process of traveling, and why that is.   The post mysteriously disappeared though, I think I wasn't supposed to post it!

Lilly and I longboarding!
I flew out of Denver to Seattle, where I had a 16 hour layover.  It really was a blessing because I got to see my big brother Nathan!  Whom I had not seen in about two years.   It was really nice to reconnect with him. From Seattle I flew to Beijing.  The flight was only eleven hours, but when you take sleeping pills that won't put you to sleep it isn't too pleasant.  I felt like I was hung over, I really don't know what that feels like, for about five hours.  I would walk to the bathroom, bumping every Chinese person on the way there.  It was out of my control friends, don't judge.

Caleb rocking the scooter!
I only had one hour to make my connection in Beijing.  In a airport as big as Beijing, one hour is  not enough time.  I had to wait to pick up an over sized bag, that took awhile.  Then when I got to the transfer hall the attendant kindly told me that I was in terminal one, I needed to get to terminal two.  Let me tell you, that put a big smile on my face, ha....ha.  It was only a fifteen min walk with 150 lbs of luggage, even for a strapping young lad like myself, ;), it was draining.   All for not as well.  I missed my flight by roughly half an hour.  The big Guy put me through some stress when the lady told me that there wasn't any other flights out of Beijing that night.  He changed her mind though, to seconds later she told me there was a ten o'clock flight I could get on.  In the end it all worked out.  He works out everything for the good of those who love Him, right friends.




I made it safely to Xi'an, happily greeted by my brother Matt.  It felt great to be back in Xi'an, no sun in all.  It has been really chill since I got back, I have just been lounging around, helping with the kids here and there.  It has been nice to see the friends I left here!  All the kids are cute as ever, Caleb is my new best bud.  We sleep together.  He loves to talk to me at 5:30 in the morning, he is so cute though I allow it.  I guess that is all friends, thanks so much for taking the time to read this. I appreciate all the support you have given me!  Until next time.













1 comment: